Informationen zum Seminar
Timeframe: Monday to Thursday with sessions from 08:00 to 10:00 CEST and 11:00 to 13:00 CEST, and Fridays from 09:00 to 11:00 CEST
Registration Deadline: 13.06.2022.
Price: 900 Euro
Early Bird: 810€ until 20.05.2022 (at the bottom page the '6 weeks before course start' is not correct)
Who can register for the course
The content will be relevant both for those new to peacebuilding, as well as those already working in or experienced with peacebuilding.
The 2-week training will offer valuable information and practices for between 12 and 16 participants. This training serves as an introduction to the concepts, language, and tools applied in peacebuilding work for professionals who are either working in peacebuilding, or who are interested in learning more about peacebuilding. While week 1 places its focus on the foundations of peacebuilding (both from a theoretical and practical perspective), week 2 is mostly dedicated to developing soft-skills like communication, understanding team dynamics in cross-cultural contexts, and reflecting upon one’s own role in peacebuilding activities.
- Develop a deeper understanding of what peacebuilding and conflict transformation means, and how peace work specifically contributes to this field of work
- Identify some of the most common entry points and approaches to civil conflict transformation
- Develop a better understanding of their own role as peace workers and the knowledge and skills that they will need
- Become aware of the role of that stress, burn-out, self-reflection, and self-care play in one’s ability to contribute meaningfully towards peacebuilding
- Develop skills related to non-violent communication, congruent communication, active listening and/or intercultural communication
Timeframe and Workload
- Online Live Sessions: From June 20th to July 1st, Monday to Thursday with sessions from 08:00 to 10:00 CEST and 11:00 to 13:00 CEST, and Fridays from 09:00 to 11:00 CEST
- Participants will be expected to participate in the sessions as well as completing self-paced individual learning
- Total expected weekly hours: 18 hours online sessions, up to 7.5 hours for individual / group work
The online course will be conducted on the learning platform ILIAS. For the live sessions we use BigBlueButton.