Systemic Conflict Analyis 2 2018
There is much more to a conflict than just one particular cause or single event. It is therefore of decisive importance for peacebuilding projects to take the whole system and all parties involved into consideration when conducting a conflict analysis.
A nuanced and thorough analysis is essential to finding the right approach to a peace project and to anticipating the possible effects of intervention.
In this seminar, you will use practical examples to familiarize yourself with current theories and models of the causes and historical development of conflicts. You will moreover apply methods of systemic conflict analysis directly in a field study, taking peace-related principles and the sociocultural context into account.
- Systemic approaches to conflict analysis
- Conflict theories
- Roles and dynamics of conflict parties and peace consultants
- Context and impact analysis
- Influence and impact of structures, ideas and concepts, culture and attitudes
- Linkages between conflict analysis and conflict theories
- Assumptions about cause-and-effect relationships (Theories of Change)
Dr. Jamie Walker