Information about the seminar
- Time frame
- Seminar type
- Seminar language
- Early bird price
What: Systemic Conflict Analysis
When: September 26-30, 2022 from 9:00 to 18:00 daily
Where: Arbeitnehmer-Zentrum Königswinter (AZK), Johannes-Albers-Allee 3, Königswinter, Germany
Price: € 800 including materials, lunch and coffee/tea
Early Bird: € 720 when booking before July 30, 2022
Additional Costs: Overnight accommodation at the “AZK” is optional. Costs for Accommodation, additional meals and travel costs have to be covered individually.
Registration Deadline is: 11 September 2022
Who can register for this course?
The 5-day course is offered to practitioners of peace and conflict work as well as those who intend to work in the field. Whether you are experienced or new in the field of peace and conflict / peacebuilding, this course will be an invaluable addition to your conflict analysis toolbox. There will be a maximum of 18 participants in the course.
There is more to a conflict than just one particular cause or single event. It is therefore of decisive importance for peacebuilding projects to take the whole system and all parties involved into consideration when conducting a conflict analysis. A nuanced and thorough analysis is essential to finding the right approach to a peace project and to anticipating the possible effects of intervention.
In this seminar, participants will use real conflict case studies to familiarize themselves with the various steps of a systemic conflict analysis. They will also learn how to identify entry points for interventions and how to develop conflict transformation strategies.
- Introduction to systems thinking and conflict analysis
- The systemic conflict analysis: the 7 step approach
- Application to real conflict case studies
- Employing a systemic approach to conflict analysis/systems & developing a conflict transformation strategy and programme
- We will work with an interactive adult learning methodology applied throughout and enable a collaborative learning environment.
- We will work with concrete case studies of the participants which enable direct or immediate application
- The adult learning methodology enhances and encourages peer review and constructive feedback on peacebuilding practice.
Contact person: Irene dela Torre (dela_Torre@forumzfd.de)