The Academy for Conflict Transformation, a department of the Forum Civil Peace Service (forumZFD) will conduct online seminars in the English language on different topics related to peacebuilding and conflict transformation, such as, but not limited to:
- Dealing with the Past
- Gender in Peace and Conflict
- Dialogue Processes
- Peace Psychology
- Self-care in peace work
- Conflict-sensitive journalism
- Creative methods in peacebuilding
- Do No Harm and other conflict-sensitive PME tools
- Community Mobilizing
- Peace Education
Other topics and suggestions, including specific thematic foci within the ones mentioned above, are welcome.
Over a period of seven weeks, participants will learn together as a group in weekly units lasting 90 - 120 minutes each. Based on contributions from our facilitators, participants will conduct group discussions during the online live sessions. To prepare and follow up between sessions, participants will work through seminar tasks and reading material both independently and together with others, amounting to 4 – 6 hours of weekly workload. The facilitator is responsible for designing and accompanying both the synchronous and asynchronous parts of the learning process.
The facilitator’s expertise and the personal exchange between participants will constitute key components of these seminars. To ensure a productive exchange on both a professional and personal level, the number of participants will be limited to a maximum of 16 people. Before each seminar even begins, we shall work with all participants and our seminar facilitator to develop personal profiles, which will help you to get to know one another. This is important to ensure a trusting and productive mutual exchange in an intimate environment, despite the absence of face to-face communication. In addition, it will facilitate collaboration on seminar tasks between the online sessions. This virtual learning space is only open to participants and the facilitator.
Our online seminars are conducted on the learning platform ILIAS. For the live sessions we use BigBlueButton. After a detailed briefing we expect the facilitator to be able to use these platforms independently. Additional softwares and platforms, such as interactive whiteboards or brainstorming tools, can be used and offered by the Academy if agreed to in advanced.
Procedure and services of the customer and the principal
For details concerning the course procedure, preparation of units as well as services from the side of the customer/of the principal, please see Annex 3_Terms of Reference in the document below. This document complements the contract and is part of it.
Requirements for Training Facilitators
The following five criteria have to be fulfilled:
- Substantial knowledge of the theory of the course subject
- Relevant professional experience in areas related to the course subject
- Substantial experience in adult education in international contexts
- Previous experience with online learning processes, dynamic and interactive online tools and the creation of safe spaces in the virtual environment.
- Excellent skills of the course language (English)
The Academy offers a daily rate of 650€ (excl. VAT). Each Online seminar implies:
- One day of conceptualization and briefing with educational consultants
- 8 days of implementation
* Remark: The Academy receives public funding and is therefore bound to an economic allocation of resources.
Submissions of proposals
The proposals should include:
- A CV and a cover letter explaining your motivation and working approaches
- A course concept and outline
Please submit all documents in English.
Please send your proposal to Vi Pundt (angebot.akademie@forumZFD.de) Please make sure to clearly state in the email subject [Surname, Name, Online Seminar]
We look forward to receiving your expression of interest by 11 November 2021.